Estate Planning & Wealth Management
Estate planning is something that many put off until it is needed most, but it is essential to plan ahead of time. No one wants matters concerning their estate to be determined by the state courts. Everyone should have a comprehensive estate plan including a Last Will and Testament or trust that will provide loved ones with clear direction when the individual passes. Planning for death or incapacity is a hard subject for many people to talk about, but it is necessary to provide peace of mind that loved ones are provided for.
Estate Planning Services
Our estate planning attorneys provide the following services and more:
- Will planning
- Trust planning
- Family trust attorney services
- Power of attorney
- Estate administration and probate attorney services
- Advance directives for health care
- Tax planning
- Charitable gift planning
- Special needs planning
- Elder estate planning
- Business estate planning
Estate Planning FAQs
The questions below are examples of questions an individual should be thinking about to ensure that matters are taken care of in a way that they desire. We find that these are the most common questions we receive from our clients about estate planning and wealth management.
- Who will take care of my children when I die?
- Who will care for my pets if I die?
- How will my estate be distributed?
- What happens to my estate if I get divorced?
- Will my life insurance be transferred through probate or outside of probate?
- What is a living trust?
- How do you create a will?
- What happens to debt when you die?
- Can executors sell property without all beneficiaries approving?
- What are my estate planning options?
Estate Planning for Singles or Young Couples
Individuals often think that their lack of wealth or children excludes them from needing estate planning services. This isn’t true – even if an individual or young couple doesn’t have any children and doesn’t really own anything, they still need a Will or Trust, Power of Attorney and a Living Will.
These important legal documents enable one to direct how and to whom property should be distributed in the event that they pass away as well as provide clear instructions for medical and financial decisions in the event that the individual cannot make cognitive decisions on their own.
Estate Planning Process
When you make the decision to contact an estate planning attorney at Wooden Law Firm, P.C. we will get to know you, your family and the intentions you have for the future. From the initial interview, all the way through the planning process, we’ll take the time to discuss your life, family situation, and goals to ensure that your legal documents are drafted to accomplish your desired actions, exactly the way you intend.
Why choose Wooden Law Firm, P.C. for your estate planning needs?
- We are affordable
- We are dedicated to our clients
- We are passionate and understanding in difficult times
- We are dependable and responsive to our clients
Find an Estate Planning Attorney Near Me
Contact Wooden Law Firm, P.C. today to discuss your estate planning needs. We have attorneys that are members of the Estate Planning Council of Chattanooga who have been on the council for such a long period of time, they are considered Sustaining Members.